Source: Crawfordsville Weekly Journal 28 Jan 1898 p 12
“Oak Grove” news item – Salem Church, a land mark for over 40 years, had at last been torn down and the available material used by the purchaser, AN Pickett to build a barn. This old temple, never rich in anything but sentiment, has been
nevertheless a powerful factor in the annals of this community. Some of the ablest men in the state have ministered from its time-stained desk. Of late years the building has been in a sad state of neglect and its removal will relieve the adjacent cemetery of much seeming loneliness and neglect. The trustees will erect a substantial fence about the grounds in the spring.