In 1837, when Samuel Truax and William A. Boise set-out the little burg of Alamo, they gave land for a school and meeting house. Several denominations used the first church house but finally the church became known as the Alamo Christian Church. The first minister here was Rev. Ewing. The picture below is about 1900 according to names listed - thanks to the Rushes -- CDPL photo - thanks
The above photo has a file name of "5th Sunday in August 1920".
We have a more contemporary Photo in the illistration below: