FROG CHAPEL - Fountain County INGenWeb Project

Go to content


Several of the schools in Jackson Township were off of State Road 32 - this one on the north side of the road about one mile from the Montgomery County line. Tice (Matthias) Livengood deeded the land for the school in 1877 - he had five small children at the time. Once the school close about 1922-23 Tice's daughter, Lillie (wife of Earl Wilkinson) received the land back. (Source: most of this information came from p 78 of the new 2013 History of Fountain County, Indiana).

Source: Obituaries collected by Rose Marie Sutherlin provided to kbz via Betty Dotson (one great lady and genealogist – both were)

The 15th annual reunion of the Frog Pond and No. 10 schools was held at the East Liberty Church Sunday. After Sunday School all gathered on the church lawn and after thanks was returned by Urial Vaughn the dinner was served cafeteria style.  At 2 o’clock the meeting was called to order by the president, Pearly Randolph. After several songs, prayer was offered by Urial Vaughn. Mrs. Bant Lewis, chairman of the nominating committee then submitted the names of the following for officers and they were accepted: President, Byron Grismore; VP, Mr. Randolph; secretary and treasurer, Mrs. Jerry Smith; memorial, Mrs. Grover Dowden; program committee, Miss Hallie Swaim, Mrs. William Sowers and John Osborn.  Mrs. Marvin Bond then took charge and the following program was given: Song, quartet; William Sowers; Scott Ratcliff; Hiram Brown and Mr. Grismore with Mrs. WJ Deverter, pianist; reading, Mrs. Dowden; accordion and banjo music; Elizabeth and Eli Myers; song by quartet; talk by a former teacher, Fine Drake; music, the Myers; tables.  The Life of Moses.  Mrs. Dowden and her Sunday School class; piano solo, Mrs. William Brown; music, trio, Guy Barker, Kenneth Osborn and BC Majors. The memorial was then given by Mrs. Dowden and Mrs. Brown for the four deceased. Elmer Lewis, John Commons, Mrs. Candace Stoup and James Kiger. After a few short talks the meeting was dismissed to meet at the same place the first Sunday in October 1944.  

Back to content