Disciples of Christ
In 1826 four miles SW of Crawfordsville, a young Tennessee-born minister, Michael Coombs and his wife held church for those who loved Christianity. He held church there from 1826 (June) until 1833 when a small 40x60' church was built at the corner of Wabash and Walnut 1888. By 1889, the present building was erected. A chapel, basement rooms and educational facilities were added. Rev. Paul E. Million was one of the longest-timed ministers from1947-1962. See photo at top or click on the name Christian Church to see pic of the church. - corner of Wabash Avenue and Walnut Street. New minister, Peter (wife Abigail) Harper came in May 2014.