Disciples of Christ Church, Russellville
Source: DeAntha Wright
In March 1829, the first Christian Church of the Russellville Community was organized under the leadership of James Hughes. It was located 2½ miles south on the site of the Forgey Cemetery.
The first church burned in 1864. The new church was erected in a different location and was known as The Hebron Church. It was dedicated on February 20, 1870 by Rev. O. P. Badger. From the very forst it showed consistent and commendable growth and when the time came for further expansion, it was decided to build the new and larger church in the town of Russellville.
The present Disciples of Christ Church was dedicated on November 26, 1905 by F. M. Rains.