logo Vanderburgh County INGenWeb

Part of the InGenWeb & USGenWeb Projects


treeQ    I am new to genealogy and would like to know where to get started in Warrick County?

          A    I would suggest that you explore "Resources." In this section you will also find many links to great sites for beginners. Also,
just as important, you should post a query on  the query board, join the email list and ask questions about your ancestors there. It has been my experience that the more places you ask the question, the better your chances of getting an answer.  You can also check out this page: Tips for Research in Vanderburgh County.

treeQ    I am looking for information about XXX.

          A    Unfortunately, if you don't see it on the site then I don't have any information about it. I do not live in Indiana, so am unable to check other resources. 

treeQ    I don't see XXX church or cemetery on your list.

          A    If you do not see additional information, no one has sent that information to me to post.

treeQ    Can you send me a marriage license (or birth certificate, death certificate, court document) for my ancestor?

          A    No, I do not have access to records since I live in North Carolina. In most cases, you will need to check with the county courthouse in order to obtain original documents. You can find contact information in "Addresses".

treeQ    Can you look some information up for me?

          A    If it's not on the site then I don't have the resource. Your best bet would be to ask on the email list. There are many people subscribed and it's possible someone has that resource available. You could also write the Willard Library in Evansville.

treeQ The pictures are so tiny, I can't see them.

          A  They are "thumbnail" pictures. Click on the picture for a larger view.

treeQ    How do I submit information to you?

         A    You can type the information in an email to me or attach a document (.doc, .txt) to the email. Make sure you fill in the subject line and add Vanderburgh County to it as well.