Blair boy - loses eye & more - Montgomery InGenWeb Project

Go to content

Blair boy - loses eye & more

Source: Crawfordsville Daily Journal Saturday, 18 August 1894

A peculiar but serious accident happened last Wednesday at the farm of Israel Patton, six miles north of the city. His grandson, a boy of seventeen years, named Blair, was preparing to whitewash the chicken house. He was slacking the lime and thought it ready for putting on when it suddenly exploded in his face. He was terribly burned and for three days has suffered intensely. One eye is burned out and the doctors have only faint hopes of saving the other. In the event that he recovers he will carry the scars to his grave.

Back to content