LAKE COUNTY NEWS
J.W. Belshaw, editor
- DAVE DILLEY, of Hebron was on our
- LEWIS CHILDERS has moved to the
Castle farm at Oak Grove.
- E.E. RAOGN and wife spent Sunday
with relatives in Creston.
- Born to Mr. and Mrs. JAMES LITTLE
Febuary 5, a son.
- KATE and ALICE BROWNELL of Plum
Grove, were on our streets Sunday.
- ALICE BURNS, of East Chicago, who
has been visiting here for a short time
- returned home Sunday.
- Miss EVA DYER, of Sherburnville,
Ill., is visiting friends in our city.
- PAUL HATHAWAY,who has been quite
ill, is again able to be on the streets.
- CHAS. BROWNELL, attended
Commissioner's court at Crown Point Friday.
- Attys. WOOD and DWYER trnasacted
legal business in Crown Point several days the past week
- County Supt. F.E. COOPER and Trustee
Foster visited schools in West Creek the fore part of this week.
- Supt. COOPER and Trustee LOVE
visited the school at Shelby last Friday. They report the school in
a prosperous condition.
- Rev. J.B. SITES has commenced a
series of meetings at the West Creek Church and will continue the
same for some time.
- Mrs. JOSEPH G. CHILDERS has rented
the Thorn building recently vacated by WM. GRANT, and will open up a
- WM. GRANT has moved into the Johnson
building on the South side of Commercial Avenue, here he has one of
the finest tonsorial parlors in Northern Indiana.
- The Epworth League will give a
social at the residence of DOLON HAYDEN Friday evening. Papers will
be read on the subject of "The New Woman."
- While working on the ice at Cedar
Lake, WM. KOBELIN had the misfortune to freeze one of his finger.
Inflamation set in and as a result Will carries his arm in a sling.
Submitted by Jack Childers