The above was written by the DAR in the 1940's.
This cemetery is located on the Lawson Road, just west of Indiana State Road 15, in Pleasant Township 25 N. R. 7 E. in the N.E. 1/4 of the S.W. 1/4 of Section 25. From Marion go north on Ind. 15, to the Lawson Road, turn left on Lawson and proceed about 1/4 of a mile west to Lantern Lane. On the southwest corner of Lawson and Lantern there is a bluff or knoll rather high above the road. On it is Null Cemetery, located on the property shown in the 1877 township map as the Null farm. It is easy to go right to this spot and and not find the cemtery, but look carefully -- it is there. The current owner of this plot of land is a home site developer who has acknowledged the cemetery's existence.
In April 2001 Mrs. Mitchell's 5th Grade Class at Lakeview Christian School undertook cleaning up the cemetery as a class service project. Below is a list of graves combining the DAR records and the sightings in 2001.
|Cain, Mary E.||*||+|
|wife of J.A. Cain died Jan. 6, 1872 Aged 27 y. 11 m. 9 d.|
|Harmon, Mary C.||*||+|
|wife of J.N. Harmon DIED Nov. 10, 1861 Aged
33 years 9 mos 18 days|
|Dau. of T.J. & N. Lamar died May 31, 1851
Aged 1 yr 1 mo 13 ds.|
|Lewis, Joseph K.||*||+|
|son of J. & R. Lewis DIED Mar. 15, 1852 Aged 11 yrs. 6 mos. 24 days|
|daughter of J. & R. Lewis died Sept 15, 1847 Aged 2 yrs. 8 mos. & 8 days||+|
|Unknown -- bottom part only of stone fragment remains with this one word on it||+|
|recorded by DAR in 1940's: *|
|sighted in 2001: +|
|Plus pieces of at least three more stones, all very worn with no writing discernable. One large fragment bears an engraved dove at what would be the top of the stone.|
...Original page by Sheila D. WatsonReturn to Cemetery Listings Page