|Fairview Cemetery is located on the corner of West 13th St, and Bartley St, Jasper, Indiana. Lat 38°23'51.8"N |
No transcription is available online. For transcription, see Dubois County Genealogical Society Cemetery Transcription Book Vol 4, Page 129.
The historical information below is courtesy of Helen Keusch
to Fairview researchers: A few tombstones predate January 1905. These
deceased were first buried in other cemeteries and later moved to their
family plots at Fairview.
Note to Fairview researchers: A few tombstones predate January 1905. These deceased were first buried in other cemeteries and later moved to their family plots at Fairview.
Wilson’s Historical notes on
Fairview Cemetery Association has organized. The board of directors are John Gramelspacher; Jos. F. Friedman, SR; John A. Sermersheim; r. M. Milburn and J. T. Melchior. The board elected Mr. Friedman, pres; John A. Sermersheim, treas, and J. T. Melchior sec. Fifteen acres of land have been bought of Martin Rees for $1, 800 and one acre and dwelling from the Rees heirs for $800. This land adjoins the northwest corner of the Catholic cemetery and lies on a sloping hillside, very favorable situated for the purpose. The association have sent their articles of incorporation to the secretary of state for a charter.
Jasper Courier—Dec. 9, 1904—
The Fairview Cemetery Ass'n have their land laid out into lots and beautiful walks and now have burial lots for sale.